Re: roxen/spinner and xephem?

>>>>> "KS" == Karl Sackett <krs@caos.aamu.edu> writes:

    KS: Mark Eichin writes:
    ::  Likewise, is anyone actually working on packaging xephem?  It
    :: shows up in the "packages in progress list" I think, but it's
    :: been there for a *long* time and I was wondering if there was
    :: any real progress...

    KS: I've gotten as far as compiling it and linking it with
    KS: lesstif.  It works sort of, but it generates lots of debugging
    KS: messages and some functions don't work.  I need to find out if
    KS: this a problem with xephem, with lesstif, or bad karma between
    KS: the two.

    KS: I could upload the package to experimental while I try to get
    KS: it fixed.  Anyone interested?

I'm very interested in xephem.  But: Do you think compiling it with
lesstif is really good idea?  Compiling xephem with lesstif is my
favourite test of new versions of lesstif. :-) But when I tried
lesstif 0.76, it was absolutely unusable.  I'd prefer working (though
statically linked with Motif) xephem...

Milan Zamazal