Re: Policy on cyclic dependencies

'Martin Alonso Soto Jacome wrote:'

>The Policy Manual requires run-time support programs (just like this
>help browsing program) to be packaged separately from shared libraries
>in order to allow for many versions of the libraries to be installed
>at the same time.  My problem with such an arrangement, is that my
>shared library package would have to depend on the browsing program
>package, but it, in turn, would depend on the libraries package.

I have been led to understand that cyclic (recursive) dependencies are
handled correctly.  However, it may be untested.  I'd recommend that
you give it a try.

On the other hand, the library probably shouldn't depend on the
run-time support.

--
Christopher J. Fearnley          |  Linux/Internet Consulting
cjf@netaxs.com, cjf@onit.net     |  Design Science Revolutionary