Re: roxen/spinner and xephem?

On Mon, 10 Mar 1997, Tim Sailer wrote:

> In your email to me, Mark Eichin, you wrote:
> >
> > Is anyone packaging the GPLed web server "roxen" (used to be called
> > spinner, if that's more familiar.)
>
> I believe that Mike N. was going to package it (right Mike?) when it
> settled down. Right now the current incarnation (1.1) is having
> a lot of problems on my system at buoy.com, and other folks are
> speaking up with the same problems now. Unfortunately, all the problems
> have Linux as a common denominator. :(

It is currently going thru the 5th cycle of alphatesting.
After the problems with the last versions the developers have established
a alpha tester group. I do not intend to package Roxen before it is
released as stable. BTW: One of the developers metioned some interest in
packaging Roxen by himself. I think that would be the the best solution.

Mike

Michael Neuffer                i-Connect.Net, a Division of iConnect Corp.
mike@i-Connect.Net             Home of the Debian Master Server.
mike@debian.org                14355 SW Allen Blvd., Suite 140
503.641.8774                   Beaverton, OR 97005