Re: Java Policy

> > Java classes should be zipped if possible, named <package>.zip and placed
> > into /usr/share/java/classes.  If the classes are not zipped place them
> > into /usr/share/java/classes/<package>/.  Properties that are not modified
> > go into /usr/share/java/.  If the properties are modified frequently its
> > up to the policy and the package developer.  Most likely it will be
> > /etc/<package>.  Wrappers for Java programs should go into /usr/bin.
> >
> > Java is not mentioned anywhere in the FSSTND, or in the policy manuals.
>
> jdk's classes are in /usr/lib/jdk/classes because it doesn't come with
> source code, and is compiled to install everything into a sub-tree
> (/usr/lib/jdk here). But I agree the good thing would be to put the
> classes into /usr/share/java. (And put a link from wher's jdk expects to
> see the classes.zip file to /usr/share/java/jdk-classe.zip.

I might be wrong, but isn't /usr/share a place that can be shared among
architectures? And aren't (at least some) java-classes architecture
dependent? Like the AWT?

Maarten

|     Maarten Boekhold, Faculty of Electrical Engineering TU Delft,   NL    |
|        M.Boekhold@et.tudelft.nl   boekhold@gopher.library.tudelft.nl      |