Re: wtmp locking problem (was: Re: SOLVED: Erk! Something is *really* wrong here!)

Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> writes:

> Now this IS the answer.  I just downgraded one of my systems to sysvinit
> 2.69-1, rebooted, and the corruption seems to be gone.

Unfortunately, Mike vS. is off backpacking in S. America for the next
few weeks.  Does anyone want to volunteer to fix this?

>From the changelog -
  * Fixes for glibc (utmp handling, signal handling).

glibc changes the utmp structure, so it's possible he accidentally
broke init for libc5 while fixing it for libc6.

Guy