Re: wtmp locking problem (was: Re: SOLVED: Erk! Something is *really* wrong here!)

At 10:49 PM 3/7/97 -0600, Guy Maor wrote:
>As I posted later, there shouldn't be any locking at all as it isn't
>necessary.  I now think that it was something else that is causing the
>corruption.

I agree.  I've got login 1.45a-3 installed and the problem hasn't appeared
- it's definately a problem in the rex-fixed/binary/base and bo/binary/base
because if I dpkg -i *.deb in either directory the problem re-appears - if
I then go back to original rex/binary/base it fixes it.

   Karl Ferguson,
   Tower Networking Pty Ltd                     karl@tower.net.au
   t/a STAR Online Services                      karl@debian.org
   Tel: +61-9-455-3446  Fax: +61-9-455-2776   http://www.star.net.au