Should SmartList prompt for `announce' list to be created?
- To: Debian Developers <email@example.com>
- Subject: Should SmartList prompt for `announce' list to be created?
- From: Santiago Vila Doncel <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1997 20:47:13 +0100 (MET)
- Message-id: <Pine.LNX.3.95.970223203411.10172A-100000@rosa>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I would like to know your opinion about this.
Some user have just discovered a fatal error in smartlist.postinst.
I'm able to reproduce the error, and I think I know how to solve it.
However I think that smartlist.postinst is going too far by asking the
user if he wants an "announce" mailing list to be created.
According to the policy manuals: "Packages should try to minimise the
amount of prompting they need to do...".
So, it is very important to ask the user for this "announce" list?
smartlist is a complex package and the user will have to read the manuals
anyway. Would you mind guys and girls if I replace that postinst question
by a "Quickstart" in /usr/doc/smartlist ?
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Santiago Vila <email@example.com>
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org . Trouble? e-mail to Bruce@Pixar.com