Re: Where is 'libiberty'?

> > The last time I compiled 'gnats' (which was some time ago, I admit), I
> > was able to like the "iberty" library as "-liberty".  Now, this fails:
> >
> >   ld: cannot open -liberty: No such file or directory
>
> "libiberty" is included in the libg++ source. There seems to be
> only a Make target for "libiberty.a", and, the readme also only talks
> about the libiberty.a target (no mention of anything matching ".so").

"libiberty" is included in the upstream source of a lot of GNU
packages.  It is only a C library, though, so I can't see why it
should be included in the g++ libs package.

> >From the about 30 or so functions that are defined in libiberty.a,
> I found about 5 in libstdc++.so.2.7.2.1. What happens if you simply
> link it against -lstdc++? If that doesn't work, anybody knows whether
> the GNU people actually intend to provide a libiberty.so?

It's very possible, as someone else suggested, that all of the functions
normally taken from -liberty are included in the available libc.

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )