Re: libc4 (Was: Re: New source format repackaging: Status.)

On Mon, 27 Jan 1997, Joey Hess wrote:

> Could libc4, just be moved into contrib instead? Abuse is already in
> contrib, and it makes sense that any other programs that are only
> available in a.out form, we don't have the source to, so those programs
> should be in contrib. It'd be nice to keep libc4 and the other a.out libs
> available, though not part of the main debian distribution, for those of
> us who still haven't beat abuse :-)

 I think that a.out support SHOULD NOT be removed from the main
distribution now! Besides the problem with Abuse, the user might have his
own aout binaries that he can't/doesn't-know-how-to recompile.

Nicolás Lichtmaier.-
nick@feedback.com.ar