Re: IANA stuff

[Resent because of mailer trouble]

bmbuck@ACSU.Buffalo.EDU (Buddha M Buck)  wrote on 21.01.97 in <[🔎] 199701211656.LAA24245@LuciaDiLammermoor.acsu.buffalo.edu>:

> > > And we shortly had something similar for MIME types.
> >
> > I've been keeping a few of the MIME rfc's in the mime-support
> > package, but they are for informational purposes only and may not
> > be appreciated on minimum-install systems.
>
> I would not mind seeing an extra document package available that had a lot
> of the "important" RFCs (all the standards, all the FYI's, the full RFC
> index, and maybe a small number of important informational or draft standard
> RFC's).
>
> If this has appeal, I'll see what I can do about putting together a package.

I might do that as well. I do mirror the stuff.

The question is still open - do people think packaging

A. the IANA (Internet Assigned Numbers Authority) stuff - stuff like MIME
types, port numbers, bootp options, telnet options, and so on

B. Some RFCs (see above for what might be a good selection)

would be a good idea? I'm quite willing to do it, *if* people want to have
it.

I could also do something about draft (not yet published) RFCs, but I
don't think that would be a good idea.

MfG Kai