Re: screwy error message from dpkg-buildpackage

On Jan 24, lamble@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au (Stuart Lamble) wrote:

>   * extract blurf-NN.tar.gz again (or ln all files would also be OK, I guess
>     - it'd have to be hard links, though, _NOT_ symlinks, due to the way
>     the source build works.)

Errm, no. Making links is a *bad* idea, because sooner or later you'll
have one of those packages where you need to modify Makefile.in or some
source code in order to comply some Debian standard. Odds are that
you'll forget about the hard link, and all of sudden your original
source tree isn't.

Steve Greenland

--
The Mole - I think, therefore I scream

    "NOW how much would you pay?  But wait, there's less! Order now, and we'll
    include the amazing $17,000 coffee pot!  It boils, it boils... it even
    boils!"
[Harry Shearer on Saturday Night Live]