Re: Some thoughts for Debian.

> jgoerzen@complete.org (John Goerzen)  wrote on 20.01.97 in <199701200755.BAA06815@complete.org>:
>
> > Yes, we definately need a logo, and soon.  But just a hint to people making
> > logos: get rid of the penguin!  The more I look at, the more I am
> > repelled...it looks childish somehow...
>
> I think you are in a minority there.

OK, I can live with that.  Just wanted to have my say here :-)

> In any case, I will be *very* disappointed if the final logo doesn't
> include the penguin. Not only was it Linus' choice, it was also a *good*
> choice.

Problem I see with the penguin: what does it have to do with Debian or Linux
in general, other than Linus thinks penguins are cute?

> You'd probably find the BSD devil just as "childish".

No, I really liked the BSD Daemon.  The thing there was that it had something to do with the system (obviously) and it looks professional.  The penguin doesn't.  Maybe it's just the way the penguin is being drawn....  [but I fear I am digressing from the subject here...]

--
John Goerzen          | Running Debian GNU/Linux (www.debian.org)
Custom Programming    |