Non i386 ports.

Just a though:

	I see that some people are spending (loosing?) a lot of time
recompiling packages for m68k and I guess some will soon do (are already
doing?) the same for sparc, alpha & ppc.

	I was wondering if it would be possible and worth to have a m68k
cross-compiler installed and building binary packages for several
architectures at the same time.

This feature could be usefull to people having several architecture at
home, but maybe it could be used for "regular" package upload too.

	I think the bigger problem with this is that the developper will
not be able to test binary packages for other architectures than his
developping platform, but it could be arranged by marking this binary
package as 'unstested' in the .changes file. dinstall would not install
them automatically, but move them into Incoming/untested-m68k.
	That way, people who are currently recompiling everything for
their architecture will just need to test those packages and "validate them".

	Comments/Thoughs/Flames?

--
-  vincent@debian.org     | RENARDIAS Vincent |          vincent@waw.com  -