Machine reboots during 1.1 -> 1.2.1 upgrade

During the upgrade of several boxes from 1.1 to 1.2.1 I both the machines
rebooted part way through the dselect install/configure process. In both
cases when I restarted dselect (after the reboot) they once again rebooted.

I tracked the problem down to the watchdog process - by disabling it and
reboot I was able to successfully complete the upgrades.

Dermot

--
Dermot Bradley                                Email: bradley@gpl.net
Communications Director                       Tel: +44 1232 572003