Re: Non-free section

> I.e. the metrox wrapper would go into the x11 section where you would
> expect such things. But it would only be present through a symlink into
> the non-free section where the real file is to be located.
>
> If Cd-Roms are made then obviously a couple of dangling symlinks exist.
> The Cd-Rom owner could then retrieve the non-free directory tree via ftp
> and have a complete distribution.

so there will be broken symlinks in the cdrom, or package files with
description for files that doesn't exist, do dpkg -iGROEB will fail, and
you will not be able to install anything.

a) i don't like the idea to have cdroms of debian with bad symlinks. it
	yust doen't look good.
b) i don't like the idea to have cdroms of debian with bad Package files
	(the might include Packages that will not exist.
c) i don't like the idea to have cdroms of debain, that can not used to
	install debian, because dpkg will fail of a) or b).

regarsd andreas