Re: Upcoming Debian Releases

Shaya Potter <spotter@itd.nrl.navy.mil> writes:

> Just like now we have a section such as x11 or libs, let non-free be a
> section.

I think this was proposed some time ago, and as I recall the practical
problem was that some sites want to be able to mirror Debian without
any of the non-free and/or contrib stuff.

The philisophical problem was that, non-free and contrib are not
consdered fully a part of Debian (because of their licenses or
whatever), so they can't go in the main tree...

--
Rob