Re: Please, dpkg-divert clarifications needed

Fabien Ninoles <ninf01@castor.GEL.USherb.CA> writes:

> Please, can someone explain me the dpkg-divert work?

Go read the programmer's manual chapter 11.  It's pretty easy.  What
are you trying to use diversions on?

> By the way, what's it's now the standard about emacs and xemacs
> packages?

Yes, put your .el files in /etc/emacs/site-start.d and call them
`50whatever.el'.  The files are run in numeric order on startup; use
50 by default.  See /usr/lib/emacs/19.34/lisp/debian-rundir.el for
details.

Guy