Re: Upcoming Debian Releases

[ Please don't Cc: me when replying to my message on a mailing list. ]

John Goerzen:
> As far as upgrades or deinstallation of etexts go, it's generally just a
> question of FTPing a later version or typing rm....

That applies to everything, of course... I agree that the output
of Project Gutenberg would be a bit much to put on all the normal
Debian ftp sites.

> benefit from your list would be the integration into dwww and similar.  (Hmm,
> how does that work anyway?

dwww scans for files called .dwww-index in /usr/doc,
/usr/local/doc, and a few other places, and builds a long and
a short list of documents.  This doesn't work in the release
version, and I've since given the package to Jim Pick, who's
had a bit of other problems to deal with first.