Re: Proposal: A config file for runlevels (DRAFT)

On Mon, 6 Jan 1997, Richard G. Roberto wrote:

> K scripts get run before S scripts, so they belong in any run level that
> would need to have stuff stopped before other stuff gets started.  Thats
> all.

Yes, I knew that already. :-)
And I expect most of the listeners on this mailing-list are quite familiar
with the scheme. That's part of the problem.

Try the following: explain the scheme to a bunch of newbies. This should
show you where the problems are. :>

> services started.  The run levels are still "2" for clients (i.e.
> any client daemons programs that need to run)

So "inetd" is a client-process in that sense? It would be nice if you
could give the exact criteria for a package to belong in runlevel 2 or 3.

-Winfried