Re: More from the Dosemu mailing list.

On Fri, 3 Jan 1997, Christoph Lameter wrote:

> From: Erik Mouw <erik@it.et.tudelft.nl>
> Subject: Re: [RDDC] Feature request: Autodetect vm86plus
>
> > It would be good if dosemu could autodetect if advanced dosemu
> > capabilities are in the kernel (>=2.1.15 f.e.)
>
> Dosemu _does_ detect the kernel version, but the problem is Debian.
> The first thing I do after I install a Debian distribution is:
>
> cd /usr/include
> rm -rf asm asm-i386 linux
> ln -s ../src/linux/include/asm asm
> ln -s ../src/linux/include/linux linux

sorry, i'm new to this discussion, but this one i do not understand.
eventually Erik means that dosemu detects the kernel version at
_compile_ time (via the version.h header) instead of at _runtime_
which is needed.

his 'solution' surely doesn't change the runtime behaviour of dosemu.

jjm

--
Juergen Menden
at work: menden@informatik.tu-muenchen.de  tel: +49 (89) 289 - 22387