Re: some netstd changes ...

On Thu, 2 Jan 1997, Boris D. Beletsky wrote:

> Hi Tom, You wrote:
>  Tom> Is there any reason why popclient shouldn't be removed as
>  Tom> well in favour of fetchmail (which _IS_ a newer version of
>  Tom> popclient)?
>
> I am using the old popclient and will continue to use it. After
> loosing some mail with fetchmail, nothing will bring me back to it.

I've been useing popclient for over a year. Lately I have noticed that it
sometimes reports more messages than I can find when I open pine. Please
note that I ALWAYS shut down pine before I start popclient, so it isn't a
collision/conflict on the mail file.
My hope is that the maintainer of fetchmail will be able to groom the
package into better shape than popclient.
Note: I haven't changed yet either, but I probably will soon.

Luck,

Dwarf