Re: file structure of debian distribution

[ Please don't Cc: me when replying to my message on a mailing list. ]

Andreas Jellinghaus:
> a) somebody recommended to have unstable-2.1 or somthing like that for
> programms that require kernel 2.1

That name is misleading. It sounds like "version 2.1 of unstable",
which it is not. A name like "unstable-for-kernel-2.1" would be
better. However, I think it would be better to wait until 2.1
matures a bit, especially since this affects very few packages.
Putting the few packages into experimental might be a better idea.

> b) somebody recommended to split non-free and contrib into unstable and
> stable sections.

I agree with this change. Guy?