Re: .bash_profile, the empty /etc/skel, and the first user

On Mon, 16 Dec 1996, Lars Wirzenius wrote:

> [ Please don't Cc: me when replying to my message on a mailing list. ]
>
> Shaya Potter:
> > The one problem which that causes, is that sometimes you have fake user
> > accounts, and some of them even have home directories.
>
> There tend to be few of those, and they are all well known. An
> exception list is a better idea than maintaining two separate
> lists of users.

Yes I was thinking about that too, but once you have that one extra file,
it would just be easier to have a file that is just normal users and just
step through the file one line at atime, ot would be easier than reading
aline in /etc/passwd and then checking if it is an exception or not.

> > Glad you could have some fun from what I wrote, I told you I hadn't
> > thought it totally through. :-)
>
> Having fun is what we're here to do. Taking over the world is
> a side-effect. :-)

Actually, I thought that was howwe are going to take over thw world :-).

Shaya
--
Shaya Potter
spotter@itd.nrl.navy.mil