Re: C MAKEDEV?

From: Mark Eichin <eichin@cygnus.com>
> My main concern is a rarely *run* MAKEDEV, but read it instead.

The configuration file is more readable than the shell script.

> Still, if this one has all the needed options (like "report mismatches
> but don't change anything" and "list all devices you know how to
> make"

It can list all devices it knows how to make in an "ls" format.
It can update an existing /dev directory to match the configuration file.
It does not presently know how to print deltas, but that would not be a
big deal to add.

The program should appear in "unstable" as soon as Guy runs an update.
If you can telnet to "master" you can FTP in the other direction.

	Thanks

	Bruce