Re: /etc/ppp.* again ...

  Christoph> Then what is the issue?

Gee, we discussed that when I reported bug #5746, which you closed so that I
had to reopen it. Please send a mail containing the line "send 5746" to
<request@bugs.debian.org> to revisit the thread if you have forgotten the
details.

I still think that your (local) security concerns with ppp could be solved by
using diald for your (local) dial-out demands. And as other have pointed out,
you could move files /etc/ppp.* into /etc/ppp/ without compromising security
--- and provide all of us with a cleaner /etc/ setup and a still nicely done
ppp packaged. I would be glad if you could fix this for the upcoming ppp-2.3.

--
   PGP key fingerprint = B2 49 75 BF 44 2C B7 AA  50 CB 19 7D 80 F7 CB DC
      http://rosebud.sps.queensu.ca/~edd  edd@ican.net  edd@debian.org