Re: /etc/ppp.* again ...

Christoph Lameter <clameter@waterf.org> writes:

> Opening up /etc/ppp for access from group dip is really not secure.
> You will invite all people with dialup ip access to review your ppp
> configuration and the secrets files.

My two cents.  All ppp config files should be in /etc/ppp.  If you
need protection of some of those files (which I agree you do), either
create a protected (i.e. non dip) directory in there, or just change
the permissions on the files so that group dip can't read them.

--
Rob

--
This message was delayed because the list mail delivery agent was down.