Re: About using Linuxconf

According to Shaya Potter:
> That, IMHO, is what I think linuxconf does.  It can manage /etc/passwd,
> /etc/shadow, cron jobs, dns, but they all reside in their normal files.
> All it does is make the administration centralized, kind of like SAM on
> hp-ux.

I've got some tips for whoever wants to work on linuxconf. If you really
wanto abandon the existing /etc/rc?.d setup, it is possible to use
another runlevel for that. Almost nobody knows this, but you _can_
actually use runlevels 7, 8 and 9. If you put just one or 2 scripts in
/etc/rc7.d you basically can have your monolitic bootup system just by
booting into runlevel 7.

Mike.
--
   Miquel van      | Cistron Internet Services   --    Alphen aan den Rijn.
   Smoorenburg,    | mailto:info@cistron.nl          http://www.cistron.nl/