Re: About using Linuxconf

On Mon, 23 Dec 1996, Bruce Perens wrote:

> The NT Registry is not a bad idea, although it's a bad implementation.
> System configurnation should happen in one place, not 200. If you want
> to do it with a text editor that's fine, but you should edit one file.

If we would use one file for everything this file would contain
"sendmail.cf", "passwd" and "script-env.db". Just like a "cat /etc/*".

:-]

The pricinple of using the appropreciate configuration format for a given
task is one of the main ones behind *nix. It guarantees reliability and
flexibility.

-Winfried