Exim's nice mail filtering options

I just studied the mail filtering options in exim and I think that is a
major strength and it would solve some of our issues that we have here.

Basically it allows mail-filtering by insertion of commands in the users
.forward file (with access to user-generated addresses like
clameter-devel@xxx.org)!

Most common things that users want such as "vacation" can be handled
without executing binaries (which is forbidden on our system) from
.forward.

Some examples of .forward files from the manual:

Vacation handling inside Exim (personal means dont respond to mail from a
list!):

  # Exim filter
  if personal then vacation endif

File some messages by subject:

  # Exim filter
  if $header_subject: contains "empire" or
     $header_subject: contains "foundation"
  then
     save $home/mail/f&e
  endif

Throw away all mail from one site, except from postmaster:

  # Exim filter
  if $reply_address contains "@spam.site" and
     $reply_address does not contain "postmaster@"
  then
     seen finish
  endif

Handle multiple personal mailboxes

  # Exim filter
  if $local_part_suffix is "-foo"
  then
    save $home/mail/foo
  elif $local_part_suffix is "-bar"
  then
    save $home/mail/bar
  endif

PGP Public Key  =  FB 9B 31 21 04 1E 3A 33  C7 62 2F C0 CD 81 CA B5