Re: Glibc Packaging Issues

According to David Engel:
> Kai Henningsen writes:
> > david@elo.sw.ods.com (David Engel)  wrote on 18.12.96 in <[🔎] m0vaSun-00016XC@elo.sw.ods.com>:
> > > 9. Glibc is really a collection of several libraries, including crypt,
> > > db, nsl, pthread, resolv, rpcsvc.  Should these be packaged
> > > separately?  [Probably not]
> >
> > Except for the export question (crypt) ...
>
> Ugh!  I hadn't looked into that yet, but I feared it might cause a
> problem.  As far as I can tell, this is the same crypt that is used in
> libc5.  Does anyone know why there isn't (or if there should be) an
> export problem with libc5?

There is, but everyone ignores it. I've asked the same question at least
2 times on this list, but never got an answer from anyone.. Most people
probably think "well as long as we're getting away with it"..

Well I don't care. I'm in Europe. So there. :)

Mike.
--
   Miquel van      | Cistron Internet Services   --    Alphen aan den Rijn.
   Smoorenburg,    | mailto:info@cistron.nl          http://www.cistron.nl/