Re: .bash_profile, the empty /etc/skel, and the first user

[ Please don't Cc: me when replying to my message on a mailing list. ]

Rob Browning:
> I guess the best would
> be the equivalent of a "source" command in the user's file, so the
> user could ignore the default file completely if desired.

Er, no. If the name or location of the source'd file ever changes,
you're going to have to modify all users' .gimprc's. Not good.
The Right Way (not exactly the same as My Way, but close enough):

	if ~/.gimprc-local-only exists:
		source ~/.gimprc-local-only
	else:
		source all of /etc/gimp/gimprc.*