How to make "special kernels" for Debian 1.2?
- To: Debian Development <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: How to make "special kernels" for Debian 1.2?
- From: Christian Schwarz <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 14 Dec 1996 12:06:22 +0100 (MET)
- Message-id: <Pine.LNX.3.95.961214120330.770E-100000@klee>
Since there are no special kernels out there for 1.2 I plan to build my
own. I need a kernel with NCR SCSI support for a few friends of mine. Can
someone tell me which ".config" file is used for the standard kernel, i.e.
which drivers are needed built-in and which drivers are built as modules?
Do I have to replace the "device drivers" disk too if I make a new kernel?
Anyways, wasn't there a Debian package with a script that builds the
kernel for the boot disks?
Thanks in advance,
-- _,, Christian Schwarz
/ o \__ firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,
! ___; firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
\\\______/ ! PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7 34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA
\ / http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/
"DIE ENTE BLEIBT DRAUSSEN!"
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org . Trouble? e-mail to Bruce@Pixar.com