Re: 1.2 closing issues

> Boot disks have one show-stopper bug, already published to debian-devel.
> Cold-install instruction edit isn't done. Mostly it's just changing URLs.
> ETA for both of those, tomorrow or late tonight.

How is this coming?

> The other action item would be placing a copy of the X 3.2 packages
> from "bo" in a special directory with instructions for upgrading and
> its own Packages file. The X upgrade can be treated as a "distribution"
> like "non-free" or "contrib", and the user can easily upgrade to X 3.2
> with just a few commands to dpkg-ftp. I will also make sure it's
> included on CDs by mentioning it in the CD manufacturer release notes.
> The "xdependencies" package would have to be constructed. Guy or I can
> do all of this in an hour or so. I probably would not get to it
> tonight, so if you can get to it first, Guy, please go ahead. That will
> neatly remove the major open issue with 1.2, and leave the user in charge
> of which X is installed.

Could you just include the single "X11" subdirectory of "unstable" on
the CD?  That would leave it with the same layout as the FTP site and
thus have the same instructions whether installing from CD on FTP.

> We also have to move in some things from Incoming.
>
> So, there are a number of items that are holding us up for a day or two.
> Please wait for clearance on these.

Yup.

> > I'll make the announcement and I'll take the heat for the decision.
>
> Let's work on it together, please. If you'd like to send me what you have,
> I can edit it.

Of course.  I did not mean to imply otherwise (not that you would know
this from my poorly chosen words :-).

Rob has some good words.  I'll probably plagiarize that as a start. <smile>

> OK, Valerie and I are off to Grandma's until after dinner. Happy
> Thanksgiving!

Hope it went well.  We Canadaians had our Thanksgiving 6 weeks ago.

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )