Re: 1.2 closing issues

On Fri, 29 Nov 1996, Marek Michalkiewicz wrote:

> Bruce Perens:
> > The other action item would be placing a copy of the X 3.2 packages
> > from "bo" in a special directory with instructions for upgrading and
> > its own Packages file. The X upgrade can be treated as a "distribution"
> > like "non-free" or "contrib", and the user can easily upgrade to X 3.2
> > with just a few commands to dpkg-ftp. I will also make sure it's
> > included on CDs by mentioning it in the CD manufacturer release notes.
>
> Will the whole thing still fit on one CD?  (preferably leaving some
> space for non-free - it's OK to put it on a CD made for my own use)

Very probably not. The CDs are pretty much full as they are already.

Mike

Michael Neuffer                i-Connect.Net, a Division of iConnect Corp.
mike@i-Connect.Net             Home of the Debian Master Server.
mike@debian.org                14355 SW Allen Blvd., Suite 140
503.641.8774                   Beaverton, OR 97005