Re: Upcoming Debian Releases

From: "Brian C. White" <bcwhite@verisim.com>
> This diminishes the benefits of push 3.2 even further.  If we
> delay Rex by one month, then "stable" users are stuck with the
> buggy X for only one more month.

Do you really think we slip an entire month if we put X 3.2 in place?
We can not make a release with a known security bug.  We either have to
rebuild X 3.1 with a patch or ship with X 3.2 .

Here I am having problems with the stability of my system.  I've had a
few memory problems today and the last one messed up my filesystem.  I
am currently running a backup, as I am loath to lose any work at this
point. I have the boot floppies in uploadable state. I'm taking a
break for 3 or 4 hours and will upload them when I return. Then I think
I have to investigate my system problem. If it points to the generic
kernel, that might be another trouble point.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
Bruce Perens K6BP   Bruce@Pixar.com