depends for *exact* upstream matches?

The GNAT (GNU NYU Ada Translator) package is almost done, I have
explored some interesting corners of package building in working with
the new tools. (all in all, they're very nice, now that I've mostly
figured out which things they do and which they don't :-) The real
question, though: is
	Depends: gcc (>= 2.7.2.1), gcc (<< 2.7.2.2)
a correct way to indicate that I want exactly 2.7.2.1 upstream
release, but I don't care what debian revision? As far as I can tell
it *works* but I haven't tested it with a gcc upgrade, for example.