Re: Suidmanager Released

lists@lina.inka.de (Bernd Eckenfels)  wrote on 23.11.96 in <m0vR6xA-0004kGC@lina>:

> In the discussion about md5sums for all the installed files I had the
> suggestion of generating a ls -lR listing of all the installed files of a
> packge, in Addition. This will allow to check files for modification and

Make that -laR, or you miss all dotfiles.

It might be better to do this with find -printf, this should be more
easily parseable, and you can output the permissions in octal. And if you
want to remember timestamps, you get to pick a better format than ls uses
(well, ls --full-times [IIRC] might do).

MfG Kai