V++ (a C++ GUI for X and Windows)

This package has been thrown out as a "good X GUI" during the "X bashing"
thread on debian-user. I have been looking for a GG for some time, and
this one seems to fit all my criterion (It even provides a Skeleton
Program Builder as one of the "Demo" programs).
I haven't had time to do anything but view the README and run the make
file and look at the test programs that it built, but what I've seen looks
pretty good.
This is fully GPLed software that will build on a Debian system. It
produces elf shared libraries as well as static ones. It's written in C++,
a personal favorite, which makes the code "very" re-usable.
I have, however, run into a few, very minor, nits.
The source comes in the file v-1.15.tar.gz, but I suspect the package
should be named libv. Am I going to run into nameing problems with
dpkg-buildpackage?
The make file builds the libraries with the name libV and I am pretty sure
this is unacceptable. This is, however, more than naming the library in
lower case. There are references to lV all through the make files that
build other parts of the package from this library, so for convenience
sake it would be better to leave it alone. Do I break something if I don't
change it?
As I have a personal interest in this package, I will be packing it up for
Debian soon after the release of rex, unless someone else is just too hot
for it and wishes to maintain it themselves.

Let me know,

Dwarf