xmkmf & makefiles

	I'm trying to debianize an x-windows program, but when I run
'xmkmf -a' as per the original installation instructions, I get a bunch
of references to '$(DESTDIR) $(INFODIR)' and the like.  This doesn't
work when trying to set DESTDIR to debian-tmp. It effectively splits the
path up so most of the install doesn't work.
	I don't have all that much experience with xmkmf so I was hoping
someone could help me.

					Thanks.

--
\|/ ____ \|/  Zaphod Beeblebrox in '96!!