Re: Passwd/Group changes proposal v1

> I had agreed over the weekend with Christian Hudon
> <chrish@ana.libertel.montreal.qc.ca>, the qmail maintainer, to reserve him
> some IDs in the 70-80 range. As Ian Jackson suggested, I think we should
> put these in the upper range 65000-65010, as qmail is quite UID greedy.
> Note that the argument that UIDs shouldn't be allocated after 32768
> because some systems still have signed short UID range isn't relevant
> here, as they're system UIDs, and don't need to be consistent from system
> to system.

Why you dont want to give lower UIDs to qmail? I mean I dont see the point
here. If you ever run short of system IDs (which would be more a problem of
bad design but short namespace anyway), then you can still start to use
65000. I think its confusing if System Id are assigned that big numbers.

Greetings
Bernd