Re: Packages with Critial Bugs

Ian Jackson writes:
> David Engel:
> > > #2939: Bad dpkg/ldconfig Interaction
> > >    Package: dpkg; Reported by: david@elo.ods.com (David Engel); 168 days old.
> >
> > This was fixed a long time ago.  I'm closing it.
>
> Was the behaviour of ldconfig changed ?  I don't remember you telling
> me that it was.  The behaviour of dpkg hasn't.

Yes, ldconfig was changed, but not because of this problem and the old
behaviour could be re-instated depending on the feedback I receive.  I
thought by now you would have fixed the symlink handling in dpkg.

> It's possible that the avoidance of calls to ldconfig in postrm
> scripts has made the problem largely disappear, but it could still
> occur in obscure error conditions and I think the bug is still there.

The do whatever you wish with this bug report.

David

This message was distributed manually by Bruce@debian.org after the list
initially failed to distribute it.