Re: Wanted: converter of HTML links

On Tue, 12 Nov 1996, David Engel wrote:

> Lars Wirzenius writes:
> > We need a program that can be run on uncompressed HTML, which converts
> > local links to the compressed versions of the files. Usage would
> > be something like:
>
> There was an effort quite some time ago to add selective, automatic,
> invisible, file compression for ext2fs.  Unfortunately, I think it's
> been abandoned.  It would be usful for /usr/doc, /usr/etc, /usr/man,
> etc.

	Actually, there's a patch allowing to do this on a whole ext2fs
filesystem, but Remy Card (the ext2fs maintainer) told it should be included
in the kernel with an attribute allow compression selectively to directories.
	The bad news is that it will probably not be part of the mainstream
kernel before a certain while...

--
-  vincent@debian.org     | RENARDIAS Vincent |          vincent@waw.com  -