Re: /usr/doc/<lang>

[ Please don't Cc: me when replying to my message on a mailing list. ]

Fabrizio Polacco:
> But in this way if you are looking for the policy manual (e.g.) you have
> to look first into  /usr/doc/fi or /usr/doc/fi/dpkg  and then, if you
> don't find it, into /usr/doc/dpkg.

Right. If it is a program searching for it, this is not a problem.

>   /usr/doc/dpkg/fi/.dwww-index or /usr/doc/dpkg/lang-fi/.dwww-index

The .dwww-index files need to be separate for each document, which
is why it needs to be säännöt.html/.dwww-index (säännöt.html being
a directory).

> Anyway, does rfc1808 and/or rfc1738 allow 8 bit chars in urls?

They can be encoded or avoided, if they are not. Not a problem.