Re: /usr/doc/<lang> | base packages

[ Please don't Cc: me when replying to my message on a mailing list. ]

Fabrizio Polacco:
> We need a way to tell the system (dpkg?) that one (or more) particular
> locale is installed, and thus all documentations, manpages, message
> catalogs embedded in "normal" packages are to be installed in their
> proper places.

My proposal:

	each package comes with documentation at least in English

	if it comes with non-English documentation, that is either
	included in the same package if small, or put into one or
	more separate packages if large

This is much simpler than teaching dpkg about locales.