locales

From: Christian Hudon <chrish@libertel.montreal.qc.ca>
> Not to be pedantic, but why do all these use the locale name instead of
> only the ISO language abbreviation? ... After all, this is a question of
> language, and not of country.
>
> Christian, LC_ALL=fr_CA

en_US and en_GB spell a lot of words differently.

We translated Toy Story into Castilian Spanish and Mexican Spanish
separately. Apparently the pronounciation is different enough that
one form sounds affected to a speaker of the other form. I don't know
if they have written differences as well, but I would not be surprised
if they did.

	Bruce
--
Bruce Perens K6BP   Bruce@Pixar.com