Re: Standards for WebServers

I have the feeling that the main issue is getting out of focus:

There are webtools that should be easily installable without guessing the
directory they have to place their files in. And dpkg should track the
installation of those files.

One such examples is man2html. It needs

1. A directory to put cgi-bin code in
2. A directory to put regular html code in

Most of the stuff installed is not to be customized and should be treated
as installed binaries are.

That is the issue I would like to have standardized. I dont care too much
where the server roots are as long as this issue is standardized.