Re: Standards for WebServers

dwww and info2www also need these. I agree with Christoph that we
need a good solution for this. Something that doesn't require modifying
every package that installs web pages or cgi-bins every time someone
updates one of the web servers.

However, since there is no hardcoded value that is good for
everyone, we need to make things flexible. We may need to
support several concurrent locations, as well. :-(

What I'd like is something like an "install-web" command (as part of
dpkg, presumably):

	install-web --cgi-bin original-files name-relative-to-cgi-bin-directory
	install-web --html original-files name-relative-to-DocumentRoot-directory

man2html, info2www, dwww, and others could then use this command.
When something changes, only the install-web command needs to be
updated.