First pass at GnuStep under Debian [pthreads]

Ok-- I applied the required patch to the debianized version of the gcc
2.7.2.1 source... unfortunately, it wouldn't build because it uses
<pthreads.h>.

Under Debian, /usr/include/pthread.h requires _MIT_POSIX_THREADS to be
defined to do anything useful.  Equally as unfortunate, it appears that the
_MIT_POSIX_THREADS package that is included with debian isn't current or
isn't compatible with 'normal' pthreads?  At least, when I attempted to
build python 1.4 with threading support, the MIT_POSIX_THREADS package
caused python to consistently crash-- I don't know why.

Anyway, I need a more conformat implementation of pthreads [likely] to
build gcc 2.7.2.1 w/the thread support patch.  Has anyone done any work on a
more recent release of pthreads?  Or, can someone correct my ignorance such
that I can correctly use what is installed?

Thanks,
b.bum