Pthreads vs. GCC-GnuStep

OK-- I did the following and it seems to be building... now, someone please
tell me how to accomplish something similar in the "most correct" fashion.
I still want to know why python-with-threading-support dies;  that is
disturbing [we shall see what happens when I run the objc-threading tests
against this version of gcc].

I edited debian.rules and added -D_MIT_POSIX_THREADS to the CFLAGS... then
invoked './debian.rules dist'.  Assuming the resulting compiler actually
compiles and executes threaded obj-c code with some success, I'll upload the
resulting package (I also bumped the package # by one) to someplace
appropriate for those that want it.. likely, the maintainer will want to
apply the patch and do a build to ensure that it is done correctly.

Assuming this works, it is on to the rest of the gnustep resources...

b.bum