Re: new kernel/boot builders (fwd)

Simon Shapiro <shimon@nomis.i-Connect.Net> wrote:
[...]
>We curently distribute over 10 diffrent kernel configurations.
>Adding more is not a problem EXCEPT:
>
>There is NO ROOM on the CD for anything.  The current 1.1.11 CD is 643MB.
>The 1.2 is 647, WITHOUT any kernels!

It was almost certainly inevitable...maybe the distribution should move to
a source CD and a binary CD? Odds are, especially if several large programs
get packaged up in the future, Debian will find itself needing two or three
CDs...

(the binary packages are probably the most use to most people; I know
that I generally don't download sources unless I need them for some
reason.)